Chicken with orange, lemon … The versatility of the chicken makes it possible to combine perfectly with citrus fruits and result in a really tasty, irresistible and especially aromatic dish.
The versatility of the chicken when cooking it is extensive and known. Indeed, it combines perfectly with almost everything. In this sense, the chicken with citrus fruits is a delicious and really aromatic dish that few can resist.
Today, we propose 3 chicken recipes with citrus fruits. Take note and enjoy!
Chicken with citrus fruits
The chicken with orange or lemon is well-known recipes that many consider really difficult to prepare. However, this is not so. In effect, you can enjoy chicken with citrus fruits with little effort and, in addition, with affordable ingredients that you can find in any establishment.
The result is also a nutritious and delicious dish, with a different touch that, when baked, will fill the kitchen with an irresistible aroma.
Therefore, do not miss our three chicken recipes with citrus fruits. To do this, we have chosen recipes that use mainly orange and lemon. These, in combination with honey or mustard, will give your dish an exquisite taste that will delight any palate.
Everyone will suck their fingers at home!
Chicken citrus fruits: chicken with orange and honey
- 4 chicken fillets
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 glass of natural orange juice
- First of all, we wash the meat well and preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Later, in a bowl, we toss the mustard and the oil and mix well.
- Then, add the honey and freshly squeezed orange juice and continue mixing all the ingredients.
- Then, in a baking dish (better if it is made of clay), place the chicken and add salt and pepper.
- Next, we also put on the chicken our mixture of mustard, oil, honey, and orange.
- Finally, we put it in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- You’re ready to enjoy this tasty and aromatic chicken recipe with citrus fruits! What has been easy?
- In addition, you can serve to decorate with slices of orange.
Chicken with potatoes, orange, and lemon
- 1 chicken cut into 4 pieces
- 1 pepper
- Juice of an orange
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of thyme
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- First, preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Meanwhile, we cut the potatoes and pepper. Then, we put them together with the chicken in the baking dish.
- Later, in a bowl, we throw out the rest of the ingredients, that is, the spices, the juices, and the oil, and we mix everything very well.
- Next, sprinkle this mixture over the chicken, potatoes, and pepper and mix with your hand. We must make sure that the sauce or mixture reaches all parts of the chicken.
- Finally, we add a glass of water and bake for an hour.
Chicken with citrus fruits: Lemon chicken and honey with potatoes
- 6 potatoes
- 1 chicken cut into 6-8 pieces
- 40 grams of honey
- 60 grams of mustard
- Scrape and juice of two lemons
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cube of chicken broth
- Thyme (preferably fresh)
- Olive oil
First, let’s prepare the potatoes.
- For this, we peel them, wash them well and then cut them into pieces.
- Then, in a pan, add about 4 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the potatoes until golden brown.
- Subsequently, add pepper, salt, and thyme.
- Then, continue stirring in the pan until golden brown.
- We reserve
Next, let’s prepare the lemon sauce.
- To do this, simply beat everything together (garlic, broth cube, oregano, scrape and lemon juice, about 50 grams of olive oil, honey, mustard and 200 grams of water).
- Simply, we beat everything very well, and we booked.
- Subsequently, in a baking dish, place the chicken and toss the sauce on top. We should give a good “bath” to the chicken so that the sauce enters everywhere.
- Then, add the potatoes to the bowl, around the chicken.
- Next, cover the container with aluminum foil and bake for more or less half an hour at 200 ºC (we have preheated the oven beforehand).
- Finally, we continue to bake for about 10-15 more minutes, this time without the foil.
- Ready to enjoy!