Cauliflower and garlic bread is an excellent substitute for traditional flour bread that will make you include more vegetables and nutrients in your diet.
Cauliflower bread contains a high proportion of this vegetable, as well as healthy unsaturated fats in the form of olive oil and a small amount of wholemeal flour.
It is indicated for slimming processes because when replacing traditional white bread with this one, our total daily caloric intake will decrease. In addition, a portion of this food is equivalent to one of the five servings of fruit and vegetables that it is advisable to consume daily.
Benefits of cauliflower consumption
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable, such as cabbage and broccoli. We can find it white, purple or green, with small nutritional variations between the different types.
It is a very versatile food and can be eaten raw, sautéed, steamed, roasted or in tortillas and bread. It combines well with other vegetables such as carrots, leeks, and broccoli, as well as with vegetables and rice. Next, we are going to see some of the benefits that your consumption reports to our health:
It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals: the cauliflower has a very complete nutritional profile since it has few calories and provides essential vitamins and minerals. It contains high amounts of vitamin K, B6, and C, as well as magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and manganese.
It is a source of antioxidants, which are responsible for protecting our cells from free radicals. It contains a large number of glucosinolates and isothiocyanates, two antioxidants that could help stop the growth of cancer cells.
High fiber content provides important cardiovascular and digestive benefits. The fiber-rich foods promote digestion and prevent constipation. In addition, its consumption regulates the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
It is a source of choline, whose consumption during pregnancy is related to the improvement of the brain activity of the fetus. In the presence of vitamin C and calcium, it can help prevent the accumulation of fat in the liver.
The cauliflower helps to lose weight because it has a low caloric content and is a good substitute for bread, rice, and pasta.
Recipe of cauliflower bread and garlic
- 100 g of whole spelled flour
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 head of medium cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- Salt, pepper, oregano, basil and garlic powder
- Baking paper suitable for oven
Note: Spelled flour can be substituted by any other flour you consider appropriate, such as oatmeal, wheat or rye flour. It is recommended that it be integral to conserve all the nutrients of the cereal in question. You can also replace the spices mentioned by others depending on your tastes.
Read more: How to make a vegetable sandwich without bread
- Beat the eggs until they acquire a foamy texture and add the sieved flour with the help of a sieve, as well as salt, spices and a little water.
- Then, crush the cauliflower with the help of a food processor, remove the excess moisture with a clean cloth, add the extra virgin olive oil and the crushed garlic.
- Mix with beaten eggs and flour until everything is well integrated.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C with heat up and down and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Arrange small portions of the pancake dough on the tray and bake for 20 minutes or until you notice that they acquire a golden hue.
- Remove from the oven and let sit a few minutes in a rack so that they are crispier.
- Your cauliflower bread is ready.
You can use it as you wish, either as a base for pizzas, sandwiches or accompanied by fresh cheese shake and some animal protein such as tuna, turkey breast, and egg, or cherry tomatoes and carrots in slices.